M.S. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
The Master of Science in Industrial/Organizational Psychology curriculum is designed according to the guidelines developed by the Society for Industrial/Organizational Psychology for master’s degree programs in I/O Psychology. Our 42 credit program consists of 9 core courses including a customized internship that provides real-world experience in areas such as corporate performance, personnel testing and human resources; and 5 electives with specializations in either human resources or organizational development. Learn more about program requirements and courses.
Program highlights include:
- Well-rounded curriculum with core courses in both psychology and business, and specialized courses in human resources and organizational development
- Customized 300-hour internship that provides students with practical experience in areas such as corporate performance, personnel testing, organizational development, and human resources. Examples of internship placements include TÜV SÜD America Inc., Randstad International, Linkage Inc., Boston Planning and Development Agency, Gemline (Manufacturing)
- Expert faculty who have worked in, and consulted with, diverse organizations from charities to public social service systems to Fortune 500 companies
- Flexible class formats with courses offered in the evenings, hybrid, or online
- Full-time students can complete these program within two years; part-time students can complete this program in three or four years depending on the number of courses taken per semester
A fast-growing field, Industrial/Organizational Psychology is projected to grow 53 percent between 2012 and 2020. Types of positions include: Human Performance Consultant, Human Resources Generalist, Management Consultant, I/O Psychologist, Organizational Consultant and Executive Coach. The median wage range for Industrial/Organizational Psychologists is $70,000-$90,000+ depending on actual job title and job location.*
Whether you want to learn more about courses, faculty members or general program information, get in touch with the graduate program coordinator to see what this program has to offer you.
Ready to Apply?
Your future is waiting. Take the next step by learning about program-specific admissions requirements and applying today!