Explore Salem State's Master of Social Work Saturday Program
Salem State's Master of Social Work (MSW) curriculum emphasizes preparation for direct social work practice. The Saturday plan has a specific focus on trauma-informed practice, the topic infused into both the required and elective curriculum. A trauma-informed approach includes recognition of the signs and symptoms of trauma, minimizes re-traumatization and integrates intervention, and services to address trauma recovery across all clinical and community settings.
Why Choose a Saturday Plan?
- Students can manage multiple responsibilities such as work and/or family
- Face-to-face classroom learning provides quality interpersonal and practical knowledge to build skills for your career
- The cohort model proves to support students for successful program completion and expands professional networks
- Guaranteed courses on Saturday avoids commuting during high peak hours and prevents long weekdays of both work and classes
The Saturday MSW is a unique cohort-model program designed for people working in human services and related fields. The cohort of 20 professionals will enter and proceed through the program together.
- Complete your degree in three years by taking two classes each fall, spring and summer semester on Saturdays
- Field education sites complement the trauma-informed curriculum and at least one of your field education options may include your current employer
- Integrated practice with an essential mix of clinical and selected macro skills for leadership and management
Learning about our programs and schools!
Explore Salem State's health and human services programs.
A cost that meets your budget - learn about paying for your education.
Discover our award-winning program and flexible options.
Take the Next Step!
We're here to help you get started.
Whether you want to learn more about courses, faculty members or general program information, get in touch with the MSW graduate program coordinator to see what this program has to offer you!
Ready to Apply?
Your future is waiting! Learn more about the Saturday MSW program admissions requirements and start your application today.