The criminal justice department is committed to providing a diverse, intellectually stimulating, student-centered environment that offers a variety of interactive academic and field experiences. The department will foster socially responsible leaders, who are committed to continuing scholarship and to regional and global goals.
- Increase students’ knowledge of crime, and of the criminal justice system and its components.
- Expand students’ understanding of criminological theories and research and their relevance to criminal justice policies.
- Develop students’ critical thinking, oral and written communication skills, and problem solving capabilities.
- Expand students’ appreciation of social responsibility, ethics, and diversity.
- Augment students’ leadership skills through classroom and field experiences.