Skip to main content

Apply Now

Thank you for your interest in Salem State University.

Visit our undergraduate, graduate and English program pages to learn more about academic programs, admission requirements and how to apply.

International Transfer Students

To transfer to Salem State University from another school in the U.S., follow the steps outlined below to release your SEVIS record to Salem State.

Step 1: Apply to an undergraduate, graduate or the Intensive English Language Program at Salem State University.

Step 2: After you receive your acceptance letter from Salem State, notify your current school that you are planning to transfer.

  • Complete and sign the top portion of the Transfer Certification Form.
  • Ask the International Student Advisor at your current school to complete the lower portion of the Transfer Certification Form and return to Salem State via fax to 978.542.7104 or email to

Step 3: Attend the mandatory international student orientation to receive your continued attendance I-20 from Salem State University.

Note: If you plan to temporarily leave the U.S. before you begin your studies at Salem State University, take the Transfer I-20 Form from Salem State University when you leave the U.S. Also be sure that you have a valid U.S. visa to reenter the U.S.

Student Visa Information 

The Center for International Education (CIE) provides all international students with immigration advising and assistance. In this section, you will find information on: 

Paying the SEVIS fee  

Getting your visa  

Maintaining your F-1 status  


We are here to help! If you have questions, please contact us. 

Back to top