Salem State is closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak. Learn more about our response.
Paying the SEVIS Fee
Before you can apply for an F-1 Student Visa you must complete Form I-90 and pay a fee through SEVIS on the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) website. SEVIS is the U.S. system that collects and maintains information on the current status of non-immigrant students, exchange visitors, and their dependents during their stay in the U.S.
To complete Form 1-901 and pay the SEVIS fee, you will need the following information:
- Salem State University school identification number: BOS214F00503000
- SEVIS identification number located on the upper right-hand corner of your I-20 under “Student’s Copy”, above the bar code. The number will begin with an ‘N’ followed by ten numbers.
- Your passport
- A credit card to pay the SEVIS fee.
When completing the I-901 Form on SEVIS:
- Enter your last name and first name exactly as it appears on your 1-20 form
- List your date of birth as month/date/year. Example: May 31, 2015, would be written as 05/31/2015
- Enter your gender, city of birth, country of birth, country of citizenship
After you pay, print out the receipt. Keep this receipt and bring it with you to your visa interview. The receipt can be printed anytime under "Check I-901 Status / Print Payment Confirmation". After entering your SEVIS ID, last name, and date of birth you will be able to print your receipt.