First Time Self-Service for Non-Degree Students
New Non-Degree students may use our First-Time Self-Service for Non-degree Students, which lets you create a student account and register online for the first time.
If you complete this process, you will be taking courses as a non-degree student.
A non-degree student is not enrolled in a degree-granting program. If you wish to apply for admission to Salem State, please visit the admissions office.
Create An Account Now!
You may want to print this page for reference
- Go to the First-Time Self-Service for Non-degree Students system
- Fill-out the required fields and submit the form.
- Your Student ID will then be assigned
- Create a password when prompted
- You'll be transferred to Navigator to register for Continuing Studies or Graduate classes
- Please print and follow these Navigator Registration Steps for a Continuing Education or Graduate course
- Have your credit card ready - online registration requires payment in full by MasterCard, Discover. Visa or American Express
- After this initial process, you can login directly to Navigator to register for courses, review grades, and update info
Already taken a Course or Applied at Salem State?
If you've already taken a course or applied for admission to Salem State, you can use your Student ID number in Navigator to register for courses.
What is my Student ID Number?
- Your Student ID Number is a seven-digit number that is on your Salem State ClipperCard.
- If you do not know your Student ID Number, you can get it from the office of student records and registrar.