Chris Sullivan, director, student advocacy
245 Meier Hall, Student Life Suite
Hours: 8:30 am–5 pm
Summer Hours: 8 am-4:30 pm
Student advocacy is available to listen to student concerns, provide information, possible next steps and guidance.
Purpose of Student Advocacy
- Support students in resolving issues which may act as a barrier to success.
- Refer students to appropriate resources on and off campus
- Collaborate with, and when necessary, advocate on behalf of a student with faculty, staff and university departments
- Meet with students one-on-one
- Share information about appeal processes and provide guidance
- Assist with emergencies, major illnesses, injury
- Act as a consultant to families, faculty and staff in regard to student issues/concerns
- Provide oversight for the SSU Food Pantry (non-perishables, personal items).
- Available to support special populations (foster-care, hungry, homeless)
- Advocate for changes in procedures, and systems in support of student success
Student advocacy does not participate in formal student conduct or external judicial procedures, but is knowledgeable about the processes and able to answer questions and provide clarification.