Religiously Affiliated Groups
Campus Crusade for Christ
Encourages students to develop a personal relationship with God
Helps student's experience the love that God has, share God's love for one another, and to live Gods love before others.
** Guidelines for Religious Groups on Campus **
Salem State University recognizes that the religious dimension of a student’s life can be an important one. Therefore, the university welcomes religious professionals to the campus to be accessible to students in order to clarify religious questions and to be available to the entire campus community as a pastoral resource.
If there are practices or behaviors which are detrimental or injurious to students and others at the university or which are clearly and demonstrably contrary to the essential purposes for which the university exists, the university has the right to provide guidelines and control of such behavior. When another’s actions adversely affect the public welfare, the morals, or the public health and safety of members of the campus community, such actions will not be allowed to continue.
WHAT CONSTITUTES BEHAVIOR WHICH IS INJURIOUS TO THE HEALTH, SAFETY AND PUBLIC WELFARE OF THE CAMPUS COMMUNITY?
1. All forms of harassment and proselytizing.
2. Actions which adversely impact the academic or vocational pursuits of students.
3. Actions which remove students by pressure or force from the campus for extended periods of time without their consent.
4. Actions which adversely impact the financial status of students.
5. Engaging in false or deceptive promotions or advertising concerning a group or its activities.
6. Intruding by visit, phone call, or mail into residence halls or other private areas in which students should properly expect privacy.
7. The importation of non-students or others unrelated to the college experience who pose as students for the sake of solicitation.
8. Seeking to force or coerce, either physically or emotionally, by soliciting or enlisting someone who is currently engaged in one religious activity into a different organization or activity.