Commuter's Guide to Salem State University
- Buy Your T-Pass at the ClipperCard office
- No matter what the media reports, a delayed opening means classes start and offices open at 10:30 am.
- Notification will also be made on the following radio/TV stations. Please note: It will take time for these stations to air the announcements.
- WBZ (AM 1030)
- WBOQ (FM 104.9)
- WHDH-TV (Channel 7)
- WCVB-TV (Channel 5)
- WBZ-TV (Channel 4)
- WLVI-TV (Channel 56)
- WFXT-TV (FOX 25)
- Student Conduct Code Rules and Regulations (PDF)
The easiest way to meet people and to know what is going on is to get involved.
What's happening on-campus this week?
Enjoy playing basketball, baseball, field hockey, or other sports but don’t have time to travel around the state with the varsity team? This may be the place for you.
Local Off-Campus Housing
Lab locations and hours
- Check here for free and discounted passes to local museums.
- Catalog - Check to see if the book you need is available
- Search periodicals - Search through magazines, journals and newspapers for the information you need.
- Always around to help. Will try to help you if you locked your keys in the car. Also, available to jump your battery if they have time.
- Inter-campus shuttle and escort service - Get around campus safely
- Parking - New parking spaces are available across from Central Campus at the Weir Property at 265 Canal Street. This lot is convenient to Central Campus and North Campus. These spaces replace student parking that was available around the perimeter of the Central Campus lot. Signs are in place and police officers will be available to help with directions.
- Emergency phones - Get in touch with Public Safety quickly
- RAD - Rape Aggression Defense Systems
- Learn how to better protect and defend yourself
- Operation ID - Have valuable property (including your vehicle) engraved in case it is stolen.
- Safety tips
- Lost and Found
- Special alerts
- Consult with a lawyer - All undergraduate, full-time students have access to free consultations with an Student government Association (SGA) sponsored lawyer. Call SGA at 978.542.6079.
- Visit the bookstore and the Central Perk coffeehouse on Central Campus
- Purchase books and merchandise online
- Located at: South Campus – Harrington Building, North Campus - Commons Cafeteria, O'Keefe Center - Snack Bar
- Meal Plans:
Plan 1 - Seven breakfasts, seven dinners per week and $275 in Declining Balance Points to be used for lunchtime a la carte purchases at any of our campus locations.
Plan 2 - Five breakfasts, five dinners per week and $275 in Declining Balance Points to be used for a la carte purchases at any of our campus locations.
Plan 3 - Choice of five dinners or breakfasts per week and $275 in Declining Balance Points to be used for lunchtime a la carte purchases at any of our campus locations.
Center for Adult Learners
- Service available for students over 22-years-old. Located on North Campus
- Salem State students are given first priority when enrolling new children into the program.
- Gym services free to all Slem State students
Register to Vote
- Exercise your right for proper representation