Residence life is part of student life. Under the direction of the dean of students, the staff is committed to developing a holistic collegiate experience for all students living on campus.
Residence life supports the academic mission of the university by fostering a diverse and inclusive residential community in which we are committed to providing social, educational and leadership initiatives that promote students' personal growth and development. We strive to achieve this mission through staff training, community development, effective housing management, and fiscal responsibility.
- Provide residents with safe, clean, well-maintained, and comfortable housing at the best value possible
- Maintain technology standards to meet the needs of residents
- Provide educational and developmental opportunities for residents
- Educate students and assess policies/procedures and areas within residence life to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and innovation
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity with initiatives, policies and services
- Provide quality opportunities and resources for staff development and training
- Improve and encourage collaboration between residence life and campus departments for the benefit of our residents
- Improve and expand the summer conference program
- Partner with the MSCBA to advocate for the improvement of residence life through capital improvement, preventive maintenance and construction