During Thanksgiving, winter and spring break, the only residential area open is the Bates Complex. Students wishing to live at Bates must either already have a room in the complex or must find a host who is willing to allow them to stay in their apartment. All apartment-mates must also give permission for the student to stay in the apartment. The process for obtaining permission to stay is outlined in the respective applications below.
There is a weekly cost for staying at the Bates Complex during breaks, as outlined in the application materials. This cost will be automatically applied to a student's account.
Application for On-Campus Spring Break Housing
The following information is concerning spring break closing. Any questions regarding this information should be directed to your resident director.
All residence halls close on Friday, March 7, 2014 at 5 pm
All residence halls open on Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 12 pm
- The residential areas are closed for all major university recesses. The only residential area that remains open is the Bates Complex. The fee to stay at the Bates Complex during Spring Break (Friday, March 7 through Saturday, March 15, 2014) is $125. There is no daily rate for spring break.
- All applications must be submitted to the Bates Complex resident director or the assistant resident director no later than Monday, March 3, 2014. Applications may be dropped off at the Bates Complex area office, RD Office, or ARD Office.
- Approved students who live at Bates will be able to stay in their room during vacation time. Approved students who do not reside at the Bates Complex may choose to stay in a friend’s apartment with signed permission from all members of that apartment or be assigned a space, as they are available.
- Approved students will be notified and will be responsible for picking up their passkey(s) and signing a key agreement on Friday, March 7, 2014 at the Bates Area Office from 5 pm to 10 pm for spring break. Current Bates residents will be required to exchange their current entryway key in order to receive a passkey.
- You must return your passkey to the Bates Area Office on Sunday, March 16, 2014 between 10 am and 12 pm. Failure to do so by this date will result in a $25 charge.
- Since there will be limited staff available, you must take responsibility for ensuring that safety measures are maintained. Rear doors are alarmed and when opened will signal university police. Propping the front entryway doors may result in all students from that particular entryway being removed from break housing. THIS IS STRICTLY ENFORCED. Therefore, please lock your door and carry your keys at all times.
- No large gatherings are allowed during vacation.
Applications for spring break housing are due by Monday, March 3, 2014 to Bates Complex assistant/resident director