Transcripts and Verifications
Student records (official transcripts) are available:
- Via your Navigator account
- Upon written request from individual students, following FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 ) regulations. To facilitate the process, please include:
- All names used while at Salem State
- Social Security number
- Contact information in case of questions
- Date of birth if courses were taken before 1982
- Date of graduation or dates of attendance
- Whether you were a day, evening, summer, or graduate student
Please allow two weeks for processing. Requests with insufficient information, may be delayed beyond two weeks. Students with a financial hold on their account will not receive their transcript.
A five dollar ($5) fee per copy applies. Make checks payable to Salem State University.
Enrollment Verification Information
Current students may request verification of enrollment:
- Via their Navigator account
- Through the Registrar's Office
To do so in person, please visit the Registrar's Office to complete an enrollment verification request form. All requests must be made in writing by the student. Letters are available for pick up at the Registrar’s Office the next business day after 12 noon, at which time students must present a picture ID. Students may also request to have the information mailed or faxed.
Degree Verification Information
Salem State has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree verifications. If you are an employer or background screening firm requesting this information, you may contact the National Student Clearinghouse at degreeverify.com.
National Student Clearinghouse
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171