Test Preparation Center
MTEL Teacher Test Preparation Center
The MTELs (Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure) are a series of tests that are required as part of the process to become a licensed public school teacher in the state of Massachusetts.
Here at Salem State we support our students in their preparation for these tests in a variety of ways.
- Small group preparation sessions for the Communication and Literacy Skills and the Foundations of Reading MTELs
- A resource library of preparation materials for students to use in our MTEL Center
- Soon-to-be created peer lead study groups for some of the content-based MTELs
- Low-cost workshops for students as well as for the general public
MTEL Teacher Test Preparation Workshops
We offer the following low-cost preparation workshops to our students and alumni, as well as to the general public at different price points:
- Communication and Literacy Skills
- Foundations of Reading
- Early Childhood
- General Curriculum Multi-Subject
- General Curriculum Math
- Middle School/High School Math Review
Please see our current registration form for the upcoming workshop dates and prices.
To register online:
Go to navigator.salemstate.edu. If you have never registered online for a course at Salem State, go to First Time Self-Service for non-degree or non-credit students and set up your Navigator account. You may then register for your selected course.
You can also mail in the registration form with a check made payable to Salem State University:
MTEL Preparation Center
Salem State University
352 Lafayette Street
Sullivan Building, Room 304
Salem, MA 01970