December 1, 2009
Email from the President to the Campus Community
Dear Campus Community:
This fall I asked a group of people to begin work on a streamlined room reservation process for internal and external constituents due to a change in our organizational structure. The following recommendations have been approved.
- Requests internal to the campus will be directed to building/facilities managers. A list of these contacts can be found on the left. The requests for space will follow this process until we are able to implement an on-line reservation system. This new system will streamline this process even more.
- In order to assist faculty and staff who are coordinating an internal meeting or event, a Campus Events Planning Checklist has been developed. This resource will help those planning an event with the many details related to running a successful event. It is the responsibility of the individual/department/unit hosting the event to make the arrangements for all of the areas identified on the Checklist.
- Due to the sensitivity to our students on meal plans we will have limited availability to take cafeterias off-line for specific events. Requests for cafeterias will be made through James Stoll who will consult with Chartwells before a decision is made.
- Individuals on campus should be sure to contact their respective department chair, dean, or area head when planning an event to ensure the appropriate coordination and communication is in place. Students will continue to work closely with Campus Center staff to ensure success for their events.
- Remember when political candidates and/or elected officials are coming to campus please let External Affairs know (x7524).
- And, please make arrangements for your event as early as possible. Advanced planning will help make your event a success.
Thank you for your patience as we work through this change on campus.
Patricia Maguire Meservey