SPECIAL NEIGHBORHOOD MEETING ON THE NEW RESIDENCE HALL PROJECT
On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 7 pm, Salem State University and the Massachusetts State College Building Authority will provide an update to the Salem State University Neighborhood Advisory Committee (SSUNAC) on the next residence hall scheduled to open in 2015. This meeting will take place in room 106B of the Enterprise Center located on Central Campus at 121 Loring Avenue.
SNOW EMERGENCY PARKING PROCEDURES FOR SALEM CITY RESIDENTS
Snow Emergency Parking Passes are now available at the university police department.
During official snow emergencies*, a portion of Salem State’s O’Keefe Center parking lot on Canal Street is available to residents of the South Salem neighborhood. All residents must register their vehicle in advance and obtain a NUMBERED VISITOR PARKING PERMIT. Please note:
- Only 100 permits will be issued on a first come/first served basis.
- Register at university police, 73 Loring Avenue, Monday through Friday from 7 am – 3 pm. You will need to provide the make, model and license plate number of your vehicle.
- During snow emergencies*, display permit in vehicle on your dashboard.
- Park only in area designated “DURING SNOW EMERGENCY MUNICIPAL PERMIT PARKING ONLY” near the Lussier Street side of the lot.
Vehicles must not enter the lot until the blue streetlights are flashing and must be removed from the lot immediately upon cancellation of the snow emergency, including evenings and weekends.
- Vehicles that do not display a permit, are parked outside the designated area or are not removed after the snow emergency has been cancelled, will be subject to citations and towing at the owner’s expense.
- Salem State University assumes no responsibility for damages to any vehicle or its contents by reason of fire, theft, vandalism, accident or other cause. All parking is at the vehicle owner’s risk
For questions, call the university police traffic division at 978.542.7341 or the main number at 978.542.6511.
*Snow emergencies are declared by the city and communicated through local media and signaled by blue flashing lights at major Salem intersections.
Don't miss Salem State admission's open houses. For more information, please click here.
Center for Creative and Performing Arts - Summer Theatre
Cabaret is coming to Mainstage this November. For more information on this production and other opportunities to experience great performances and works of art at Salem State, click here.
All athletic competitions are free for Salem residents. For a complete schedule of athletic competitions, click here.
Contact the emergency Hotline 24 hours a day/7 days a week at 978.542.6111.