SNOW EMERGENCY PARKING PERMITS ARE NOW AVAILABLE
During official snow emergencies*, a portion of Salem State’s O’Keefe Center parking lot on Canal Street is available to residents of the South Salem neighborhood. All residents must register their vehicle in advance and obtain a NUMBERED VISITOR PARKING PERMIT. Please note:
- Only 100 permits will be issued on a first come/first served basis.
- Register at university police, Monday through Friday from 7 am – 3 pm. You will need to provide the make, model and license plate number of your vehicle.
- During snow emergencies*, display permit in vehicle on your dashboard.
- Park only in area designated “DURING SNOW EMERGENCY MUNICIPAL PERMIT PARKING ONLY” near the Lussier Street side of the lot.
Vehicles must not enter the lot until the blue streetlights are flashing and must be removed from the lot immediately upon cancellation of the snow emergency, including evenings and weekends.
- Vehicles that do not display a permit, are parked outside the designated area or are not removed after the snow emergency has been cancelled, will be subject to citations and towing at the owner’s expense.
- Salem State University assumes no responsibility for damages to any vehicle or its contents by reason of fire, theft, vandalism, accident or other cause. All parking is at the vehicle owner’s risk
For questions, call the university police traffic division at 978.542.7341 or the main number at 978.542.6511.
*Snow emergencies are declared by the city and communicated through local media and signaled by blue flashing lights at major Salem intersections.
Don't miss Salem State admission's open houses. For more information, please click here.
Center for Creative and Performing Arts - Summer Theatre
Cabaret is coming to Mainstage this November. For more information on this production and other opportunities to experience great performances and works of art at Salem State, click here.
All athletic competitions are free for Salem residents. For a complete schedule of athletic competitions, click here.
Contact the emergency Hotline 24 hours a day/7 days a week at 978.542.6111.