Civic Engagement Hall of Fame
The Civic Engagement Hall of Fame is an annual program sponsored by President Patricia Maguire Meservey and the Center for Civic Engagement.
One recipient is selected from each award category and the awardee is honored at a Hall of Fame Celebration. This year the Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held March 30, 2016.
The Hall of Fame recognizes individuals for their efforts in addressing social and environmental challenges facing our communities. Nominees must possess sustained commitment and passion for improving, assisting and helping organizations in need through their civic engagement efforts.
All recipients are required to be in attendance at the Hall of Fame induction celebration.
- Faculty: a Salem State University full-time or part-time faculty member.
- Staff/Administration: a Salem State University full-time or part-time staff or administration employee.
- Student: a Salem State University undergraduate or graduate matriculated student.
- Alumni: an individual that has earned an undergraduate or graduate degree from Salem State University
Past nominees were recognized for:
- Advocating for and leading programs that support marginalized communities
- Participating in ongoing service-learning initiatives
- Coordinating events and programs that address social injustices and support civic causes
- Serving on boards for non-profit organizations
- Donating time to tutor and educate children, adult learners and English language learners
Click below for more information on the inductees.
Created with flickr slideshow.