Civic Engagement Hall of Fame
The Civic Engagement Hall of Fame is an annual program sponsored by President Patricia Maguire Meservey and coordinated by the Civic Engagement Committee. One recipient is selected from each category and the awardee is honored at a Hall of Fame Celebration during the month of April, national community service month.
The Hall of Fame recognizes individuals for their efforts in addressing social and environmental challenges facing our communities. Nominees must possess sustained commitment and passion for improving, assisting and helping organizations in need through their civic engagement efforts.
All recipients are required to be in attendance at the Hall of Fame induction celebration.
- Faculty: a Salem State University full-time or part-time faculty member.
- Staff/Administration: a Salem State University full-time or part-time staff or administration employee.
- Student: a Salem State University undergraduate or graduate matriculated student.
- Alumni: an individual that has earned an undergraduate or graduate degree from Salem State University
Past Nominees were recognized for
- Volunteering at a food pantry
- Participating in service-learning initiatives
- Coordinating programs and events for civic causes
- Serving on boards for non-profit organizations
- Donating time to tutor and educate
The induction of the 2014 class took place on April 3, 2014.
Nomination information for the class of 2015 will be available in December 2014.
Click below for more information on the inductees.
Created with flickr slideshow.