Requirements for New Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to Salem State! Before you start classes, you need to make sure the following health insurance requirements are met and health information forms are on file with us. You can enter your immunization, health history, and health insurance information on our health services portal.
Required items before you can move in to the residence hall (1+2 =ROOM KEY):
1. Pay your balance in full, or be on an approved payment plan and/or have sufficient financial resources to cover your balance (includes completing all aid related items on your To Do List on your Navigator account). You can confirm your total aid and account balance in Navigator.
2. Submit to counseling and health services a fully completed health form two weeks prior to move in-day Please review the forms section below to find the health and immunization form. Make sure your documentation has been received by checking the student health portal at salemstate.edu/healthportal.
Under Massachusetts state law, comprehensive health insurance is required for all students registered for nine or more credits. If you will not have health insurance through an employer or family member, you will need to purchase the Salem State University student health insurance.
Immunization and Health Information Policy
The Counseling and Health Services Immunization Form [PDF] must be completed and signed by a health care provider for all entering students in accordance with Massachusetts College Immunization Law, 105 CMR 220.600. For a list of required immunizations, please refer to the Immunization Requirements page.
The deadline to submit your health form to our office by mail and to the health services portal is August 15 for fall semester enrollment and January 10 for spring semester enrollment to avoid receiving a hold which will prevent your class registration in future semesters.
- Health and Immunization Form [PDF]
- Health Form Information Sheet [PDF]
- Meningococcal Information and Waiver [PDF]
- Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Form [PDF]
- Authorization for Disclosure of Health Care Information [PDF] - this form takes approximately two weeks to process once received by counseling and health services.
- Log into your Navigator account to check out our new health services portal where you can enter your immunization information, send secure messages to your nurse practitioners, view, schedule, and cancel your medical appointments online! Please be aware - if you enter your immunization information into our portal, we require that the original health form signed by your health provider still be submitted to our office.
Mail, fax or bring in person to:
Salem State University
Counseling and Health Services
352 Lafayette Street
Salem, MA 01970
For more information
If you're having difficulty meeting deadlines or have any questions, call 978.542.6413 or email counseling and health services. Please do not send any medical information, including health forms, to this email address. Email is not a secure form of communication, and commercially available email services may store your personal conversations. Because of this, our center does not communicate clinical information in this format.