Request to Serve/Sell Alcoholic Beverages
At any event where there will be alcohol served a Request to Serve Application must first be completed and submitted to the alcohol review board for approval. The responsibilities of requesting faculty, staff or organization are listed below.
- Request must be submitted ONE MONTH prior to the event.
- Alcohol served on campus has to be ordered and served by Chartwells.
- If there will be under aged people present, Campus Police must be contacted prior to submitting this request to determine if a police detail is necessary.
- Chartwells staff or campus police are to card attendees at student attended events. Students are not allowed to card other students or attendees.
- Facility conditions, equipment use and costs related to the event and the conduct of event attendees are the responsibility of the student group, faculty, staff or organization hosting the event.
- There must be food and non-alcoholic beverages provided for the duration of the event.
- Student groups must secure a SSU faculty/staff advisor to be present for the duration of the proposed event.
If requesting to SELL alcohol at the event:
- The student group, faculty, staff or organization must attend a hearing of the City of Salem Licensing Board to obtain a one day license to sell alcoholic beverages.
- A City of Salem police detail is always required when alcohol is being sold on the premise of the University. The coordinator of the event will need to schedule a detail officer.
- The Alcohol Review Board may request the coordinator of the event provide documentation of the City of Salem one day alcohol license and the hiring of a City of Salem police detail at any time.