Licensure Only – Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Apply
- Online graduate admissions application. When you apply to this program, you will be asked to select the graduate program to which you are applying. Please select Licensure Only - Teaching English as a Second Language from the drop down list. Failure to choose this program may cause delays in the processing of your application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Complete, official transcript documenting the award of a bachelor's degree and 2.75 GPA in undergraduate work.
- Complete, official transcript documenting any graduate courses taken or degrees held.
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online aplication.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores if English is not your first language and you have not earned an academic degree at an institution in the United States. For institutions in US territories, the TOEFL/IELTS requirement will be determined by the language of instruction at the institution attended.
- Statement of purpose (two to three typed pages), discussing in detail how this program will advance your teaching career and how you developed an interest in teaching ESL.
Additional Materials and Requirements
- Passing scores on the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL) Communications and Literacy, both the reading and writing subtests.
- If you have a teaching license, submit a copy.
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed once complete.