MS Counseling Apply
- Online graduate admissions application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Complete, official transcript documenting the award of a bachelor's degree and any graduate courses taken or degrees held.
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- Official copy of scores from either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) taken within the last five years. Those who already hold a master's degree or higher are exempt from this requirement.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable. Please review our TOEFL/IELTS policy.
- Statement of purpose (500- to 1,000-words, double-spaced) addressing the following questions:
-What factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State?
-What are your long-term professional goals, and how will this program help you meet them?
-Is there any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application?
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed once complete.
18 hours of study in the field of psychology and/or the behavioral sciences, including:
- A course in general psychology or the equivalent
- A course in statistics or research or the equivalent
Please contact the Program Coordinator to review acceptable courses.
- Because work experience is a plus (but not required), address related work experience in your narrative statement.
- Your letters of recommendation and narrative statement are important, so be thoughtful when putting these pieces of your application together.
- If you have earned a substantial number of graduate credits within the past seven years but have not earned a master's degree, discuss the possibility of advanced standing with the program coordinator.