MAT Mathematics Apply
- Online graduate admissions application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Complete, official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended
- Complete, official transcript documenting any graduate courses taken or degrees held
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable. Please review our TOEFL/IELTS policy.
- Statement of purpose (500- to 1,000-words, double-spaced) addressing the following questions:
-What factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State?
-What are your long-term professional goals and how will this program help you meet them?
-Is there any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application?
- Please note the GRE/MAT is not required for this program.
Additional Materials and Requirements
- A photocopy of teacher's license(s) that you may hold and scores on the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL) Communications and Literacy test.
- A passing score on the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL) in the subject area portion appropriate for this program.
- Bachelor’s degree in this subject area or appropriate field. Applicants with no teacher preparation coursework or who do not possess a bachelor’s degree in the major should consult the graduate program coordinator.
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed once complete.