MAT Chemistry Apply
- Online graduate admissions application.
- For a limited time, submit your application by October 31 and the $50 application fee is waived automatically.
- Complete, official transcript documenting the award of a bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field, and if applicable, complete, official transcript of any graduate courses taken or degrees held
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- Official copy of scores from either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) taken within the last five years; those who already hold a master’s degree or higher are exempt from this requirement
- TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable. Please review our TOEFL/IELTS requirement.
- Statement of purpose (500- to 1,000-words, double-spaced) addressing the following questions:
-What factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State?
-What are your long-term professional goals and how will this program help you meet them?
-Is there any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application?
Additional Materials and Requirements
- Passing score on the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL), both the communications and literacy skills portion and the subject area portion appropriate for this program
- Students must consult with the program coordinator for review of the content background; additional content courses may be required to meet licensure standards
- Adolescent Psychology course
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed once complete. .