Graduate Certificate - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Apply
- Online graduate admissions application.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Complete, official transcript documenting the award of a bachelor's degree and any graduate courses taken or degrees held.
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- Students for whom English is not a first language must submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores.
- Statement of purpose (500- to 1,000-words, double-spaced) addressing interest in and background in teaching ELS and the following questions:
-What factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State?
-What are your long-term professional goals, and how will this program help you meet them?
-Is there any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application?
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed once complete.
- If you wish to pursue the Master of Arts in Teaching ESL during or upon completion of the Certificate Program in Teaching ESL you must meet all MAT ESL admissions requirements and submit a separate application. Courses successfully completed as part of the Certificate Program (12 credits) can be applied to the MAT program (36 credits).