MEd Higher Ed in Student Affairs Apply
Applying is easy. Just submit the following:
- This program has two tracks - general and executive. When you fill out your application, you will be asked to select one of the two tracks. Please view our comparison guide [PDF] to determine the best track for you.
- Online graduate admissions application.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Complete, official transcript documenting the award of a bachelor's degree and any graduate courses taken or degrees held.
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- Students for whom English is not a first language must submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores.
- Statement of purpose (500- to 1,000-words, double-spaced) addressing the following questions. At the end of your statement of purpose, please add a copy of your resume and upload both into your online application.
- What factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State?
- What are your long-term professional goals, and how will this program help you meet them?
- Identify one important issue within the field of higher education or student affairs and explain why this issue is important.
- Is there any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application? (Optional)
- Resume. Please attach your resume to the end of your personal statement and upload both into your online application.
Please note the following:
- Once your application is complete, you will be contacted to conduct an admissions interview.
- GRE/MAT scores are not required for this program.
- Executive track - Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the program is full. Our exective track students begin as a cohort in the summer.
- General track - Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the program is full. Our general track students begin as a cohort in the fall.
- Please be advised that applications will not be reviewed until they are complete (all required materials are received).
- Apply early! Our students begin as as cohorts, so admissions are stopped for the next academic year once enough qualified applicants are selected.
- Submit materials in pieces; we do not need to receive your entire application packet at one time.
- Try to submit both academic and professional references. Have references speak to your ability to do graduate level work or come from someone who directly supervised you.
Taking courses prior to admission
- Due to the sequencing of courses, non-matriculated students may only take the non-sequenced courses. Contact Lee Brossoit at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.