MEd Higher Ed in Student Affairs Apply
Applying is easy. This program has two cohorts - general and executive. When you fill out your application, you will be asked to select one of the two cohorts. Please view our comparison guide [PDF] to determine the best cohort for you.
Then, submit the following:
- Online graduate admissions application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Complete, official transcript documenting the award of a bachelor's degree and any graduate courses taken or degrees held.
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable. Please review our TOEFL/IELTS policy.
- Statement of purpose (500 to 1,000 words, double-spaced) addressing the following questions. You will upload your statement of purpose into your online application.
- What factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State?
- What are your long-term professional goals, and how will this program help you meet them?
- Identify one important issue within the field of higher education or student affairs and explain why this issue is important.
- Is there any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application? (Optional)
- Resume. You will upload your resume into your online application.
Please note the following:
- Once your application is complete, you may be contacted to conduct an admissions interview.
- GRE/MAT scores are not required for this program.
- Executive cohort - Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the program is full. Our executive cohort students begin n the summer.
- General cohort - Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the program is full. Our general cohort students begin in the fall.
- Please be advised that applications will not be reviewed until they are complete (all required materials are received).
Graduate Assistantship/Fellowship Opportunities
- Check out our HESA graduate assistantship/fellowship opportunities [PDF].
- The priority deadline for the graduate retention fellowship position is February 2017.
- Apply early! Our students begin as as cohorts, so admissions are stopped for the next academic year once enough qualified applicants are selected.
- Submit materials in pieces; we do not need to receive your entire application packet at one time.
- Try to submit both academic and professional references. Have references speak to your ability to do graduate level work or come from someone who directly supervised you.