Lic. Special Education Apply
- Online graduate admissions application.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Complete, official transcript documenting the award of a bachelor's degree and any graduate courses taken or degrees held.
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- Students for whom English is not a first language must submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores.
- Statement of purpose (500- to 1,000-words, double-spaced) addressing the following questions:
-What factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State?
-What are your long-term professional goals, and how will this program help you meet them?
-Is there any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application?
- A sample of academic writing. Please review our academic writing sample guidelines. Attach your academic writing sample to the end of your personal statement in the online application.
- Please note the GRE/MAT is not required for this program.
Additional Materials for those Seeking Initial Licensure
- A photocopy of teacher's license(s) that you may hold and scores on the Communication and Literacy portion of the Massachusetts Tests of Educator Licensure (MTEL).
- Child or Adolescent Development course.
Additional Materials and Requirements for those Seeking Professional Licensure
- Submit a copy of your initial Massachusetts educator license.
- A master's degree.
- Three years of teaching experience.
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed once complete.