Lic. School Counseling Apply
- Online graduate admissions application.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Complete, official transcript documenting the award of a bachelor's degree.
- Complete, official transcript documenting the award of a master's degree in counseling or psychology from an accredited institution.
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- Official copy of scores from either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) taken within the last five years. Those who already hold a master's degree or higher are exempt from this requirement.
- Students for whom English is not a first language must submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores.
- Statement of purpose (500- to 1,000-words, double-spaced) addressing the following questions:
-What factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State?
-What are your long-term professional goals, and how will this program help you meet them?
-Is there any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application?
Additional Materials and Requirements
- A passing score on the Communications and Literacy MTEL, both the reading and writing subtests.
- Bachelor’s degree in this subject area or appropriate field.
- Master’s degree in counseling or psychology from an accredited institution.
- Prerequisites are required for this program. Please contact the graduate program coordinator for more information.
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed once complete.