Lic. Reading Apply
- Online graduate admissions application.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Complete, official transcripts documenting the award of a bachelor's degree and an appropriate master's degree, as evaluated by the reading program coordinator and School of Graduate Studies dean.
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- Official copy of scores from either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) taken within the last five years. Those who already hold a master's degree or higher are exempt from this requirement.
- Students for whom English is not a first language must submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores.
- Statement of purpose (500- to 1,000-words, double-spaced) addressing the following questions:
-What factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State?
-What are your long-term professional goals, and how will this program help you meet them?
-Is there any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application?
Additional Materials and Requirements
- Passing scores on the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL) Communications and Literacy test.
- Copy of initial educator license(s).
- Verification/official documentation of one year of classroom teaching experience in the area of the license held.
- Prerequisites are required for this program. Please contact the graduate program coordinator for more information.
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed once complete.