Lic. Elementary Ed Apply
- Online graduate admissions application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Complete, official transcript documenting the award of a bachelor's degree and any graduate courses taken or degrees held.
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable. Please review our TOEFL/IELTS policy.
- A photocopy of teacher's license(s) that you may hold and scores on the Massachusetts Tests of Educator Licensure (MTEL).
- Statement of purpose (500- to 1,000-words, double-spaced) addressing the following questions:
-What factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State?
-What are your long-term professional goals, and how will this program help you meet them?
-Is there any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application?
- Please note the MAT/GRE is not required for this program.
Additional Application Materials For Those Seeking An Initial License
- A photocopy of your teacher's license(s) and/or score on the Massachusetts Tests of Educator Licensure (MTEL).
Program Prerequisites For Those Seeking An Initial License
- Course in child growth
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with either a major in the arts and sciences or an interdisciplinary arts/science major OR at least 24 credits above the introductory level in arts and science courses, with at least 12 credits in one academic area.
Additional Application Materials For Those Seeking A Professional License
- A master's degree.
- An initial license in elementary education from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed once complete.