MEd Reading Apply
- Online graduate admissions application.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Complete, official transcript documenting the award of a bachelor’s degree and any graduate courses taken or degrees held.
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- Official copy of scores from either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) taken within the last five years. Those who already hold a master's degree or higher are exempt from this requirement.
- Students for whom English is not a first language must submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores.
- Statement of purpose (500- to 1,000-words, double-spaced) addressing the following questions:
-What factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State?
-What are your long-term professional goals, and how will this program help you meet them?
-Is there any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application?
Additional Materials and Requirements
- Because applicants must have an initial teaching license and one year of teaching experience in the area of license, submit the following additional credentials as part of your application:
- Copy of an initial or professional Massachusetts teaching license in a classroom teaching field
- Verification/official documentation of one year of classroom teaching experience in the area of the license held
- Evidence of a passing score on the Communication and Literacy portion of the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL).
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed once complete.