MEd Middle School Ed Apply
- Online graduate admissions application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Complete, official transcript documenting the award of a bachelor's degree and any graduate courses taken or degrees held.
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- Official copy of scores from either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) taken within the last five years. Those who already hold a master's degree or higher are exempt from this requirement.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable. Please review our TOEFL/IELTS policy.
- Statement of purpose (500- to 1,000-words, double-spaced) addressing the following questions:
-What factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State?
-What are your long-term professional goals, and how will this program help you meet them?
-Is there any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application?
Additional Materials and Requirements for the Humanities Track
- A photocopy of teacher's license(s) that you may hold and scores on the Communication and Literacy portion of the Massachusetts Tests of Educator Licensure (MTEL).
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in either English or history or related fields with an overall GPA of at least 2.75 with a 3.0 in the major
- An adolescent psychology course or its equivalent.
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed once complete.