MEd Early Childhood Ed Apply
- Online graduate admissions application.
- For a limited time, submit your application by October 31 and the $50 application fee is waived automatically.
- Complete, official transcript documenting the award of a bachelor's degree and any graduate courses taken or degrees held.
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- TOEFL/IELTS, if applicable. Please review our TOEFL/IELTS requirements.
- Statement of purpose (500- to 1,000-words, double-spaced) addressing the following questions:
-What factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State?
-What are your long-term professional goals, and how will this program help you meet them?
-Is there any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application?
- Please note the GRE/MAT is not required for this program.
Additional Materials for those Seeking Initial Licensure
- A photocopy of teacher's license(s) that you may hold and scores on the Massachusetts Tests of Educator Licensure (MTEL).
Program Prerequisites for those Seeking Initial Licensure
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with either a) a major in the arts and sciences or an interdisciplinary arts/science major; or at least 24 credits above the introductory level in arts and science courses, with at least 12 credits in one academic area.
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed once complete.