Direct Entry/MSN Apply
- Online graduate admissions application
- A $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Complete, official transcript documenting the award of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and any graduate courses taken or degrees held.
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- Official copy of scores from either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) taken within the last five years. Those who already hold a master’s degree or higher are exempt from this requirement.
- Students for whom English is not a first language must submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores.
- Statement of purpose (500- to 1,000-words, double-spaced) addressing the following questions:
-What factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State?
-What are your long-term professional goals, and how will this program help you meet them?
-Is there any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application?
January 13, 2014. Please note the following admissions timeline and activities:
- January 13, 2014 – All application materials (application, application fee, all official transcripts, appropriate test scores and personal statement) must be received by this date in order for your application to be reviewed for May admission.
- March – Applications will be reviewed in March for May admission.
The graduate committee members consider all pieces of your application, including grade point average, GRE or MAT scores, personal statement, references, and prerequisite grades.
Candidates who meet the qualifications for admission as determined by the graduate committee are required to participate in a personal interview.
The most qualified candidates who meet the admission criteria will be accepted.
- Late March/Early April – Decision letters are mailed.
There is no early admission to or waiting list for the program.
- May – Classes begin for admitted students who enroll in the program.
- Students must meet the criteria for admission to the Graduate Program in Nursing.
The program has several prerequisites (including undergraduate GPA and coursework) that must be completed with a grade of B or better by the beginning of the program in May.