- Online graduate admissions application.
- For a limited time, submit your application by October 31 and the $50 application fee is waived automatically.
- Complete, official transcript documenting the award of a bachelor’s degree including successful completion of a basic statistics course and any graduate courses taken or degrees held.
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- Official copy of scores from either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) taken within the last five years. Those who already hold a master’s degree or higher or have a GPA of 3.3 or higher in associate and baccalaureate programs are exempt from this requirement.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable. Please review our TOEFL/IELTS policy.
- Statement of purpose (500- to 1,000-words, double-spaced) addressing the following questions:
-What factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State?
-What are your long-term professional goals, and how will this program help you meet them?
-Is there any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application?
- Copy of current license to practice as a registered nurse in Massachusetts.
- Resume reflecting educational preparation and evidence of one year of work experience as a registered nurse.
- Please note: If you have a bachelor of science in nursing it must be from an accredited program. If you have a bachelor’s degree in a field other than nursing you must complete the National League for Nursing Baccalaureate Achievement Exam (NLNBAE).
- We recommend you apply by November 1 for spring admission and July 1 for fall admission. Applications are reviewed once they are complete.