Application Materials and Admissions Requirements
- Online graduate admissions application.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities from which a degree was conferred.
- Transcript should show Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an NLN or CCNE accredited nursing program. If you graduated from an RN to BSN program, you must also submit a transcript from your associate's degree nursing program. Applicants must have a 3.0 GPA in both programs in order to be eligible to apply to the MSN program.
- Experienced and licensed registered nurses who have a US bachelor's degree in another discipline are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants with equivalent international credentials will be considered for admission. Please review information on degree equivalency procedures.
- Transcripts should show undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Please provide a transcript that shows completion of a basic statistics course with a grade of C or better.
- Three professional references that address your professional and/or academic experience. Please note references from co-workers or friends are not accepted. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores taken within the last five years, if required.
- The GRE is only required for applicants whose undergraduate GPA below a 3.0.
- The GRE may be requested for further evaluation of an applicant.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable. Please review our TOEFL/IELTS policy.
- Professional goal statement, two to three pages in narrative format addressing the following. You will upload your professional goal statement into the online application.
- Discussion of professional experience
- Future professional nursing career goals
- Future scholarship
- Discussion of interest in the program track to which you are applying (Education, Leadership, or Adult-Geriatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner)
- Resume, uploaded into your online application.
- Active Massachusetts RN license. You will enter your RN license number into the online application.
- Interview with program faculty may be required.
- One year of relevant clinical professional nursing experience is required prior to entering into any of the clinical courses in the three program tracks.
- We recommend you apply by November 1 for spring admission and July 1 for fall admission. Applications are reviewed once they are complete.