If you are transferring from a Massachusetts public institution, you may qualify for MassTransfer.
- Massachusetts Community College students – if you complete your associate’s degree and are enrolled in an approved MassTransfer program, then you may be eligible for full transfer of credit, guaranteed admission, and a tuition discount (each based on final GPA).
- All Massachusetts public higher education students – if you complete the MassTransfer block, then you may satisfy Salem State’s general education/distribution/core requirements.
Here’s how to prepare to transfer under MassTransfer policies:
- Speak regularly with the transfer counselor at your institution so you can understand the transfer process.
- While there is a specific MassTransfer application, we recommend that you apply for admission using Salem State’s online application. Other transfer policies Advanced Placement (AP) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
You can earn course credit through AP credit (score of 3 or higher required); CLEP general and subject examinations; challenge exams; and ACTPEP exams. Contact Academic Advising for a list of acceptable AP, CLEP and challenge exams.
- Bachelor’s degree (those who have already completed a bachelor’s degree)
- Joint Admissions Program
Contact Admissions if you
- Are planning to apply to Salem State as a transfer student
- Have applied as a transfer student but have not yet been admitted
Visit Transfer Services if you are
- A newly admitted transfer student who has questions about transfer credit evaluations
- A returning (matriculated) Salem State student who has taken or plans to take coursework at another institution