Salem State offers more than 50 graduate programs. Application deadlines vary based upon the graduate program to which you are applying.
For the majority of our programs, applications are accepted on a rolling basis for spring, summer and fall enrollment and are reviewed once complete.
Some programs do not use rolling admissions for all semesters. Please refer to the application deadlines below:
- Direct Entry/MSN: January 13 for summer enrollment
- English (MA, MAT, MA/MAT): February 1 for summer enrollment, May 10 for fall enrollment, October 1 for spring enrollment
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning: Accepts applications on rolling basis for fall enrollment only
- Higher Education Student Affairs: February 1 for summer enrollment (executive track) and May 1 for fall enrollment (general track)
- History (MA, MAT): February 1 for summer enrollment, May 1 for fall enrollment, October 1 for spring enrollment
- MSW Advanced Standing Program: December 1 for summer enrollment
- MSW Program: February 1 for fall enrollment
- Nursing (MSN and certificate): Accepts applications on rolling basis for spring and fall enrollment only
- Occupational Therapy Direct Entry Program: February 1 for fall enrollment
- Occupational Therapy Post-Professional Program: February 1 for summer enrollment
- Once you select a graduate program and a semester for which you are applying, work backward from the application deadline to ensure that you complete the application process in a timely fashion. For rolling admissions programs, we recommend you complete your application at least a month before the semester begins to ensure enough time to process your application.
- If you begin the application process but do not finish, then we will keep your materials on file for one year only.