Accounts Online: Electronic Billing, Payment and Refund System
Salem State is pleased to announce an enhancement to the student billing/payment system with the implementation of TouchNet. TouchNet is the preferred electronic billing and payment system for more than 600 institutions of higher education around the country. The university began phasing in the TouchNet system during the spring 2010 semester. Click here to read frequently asked questions.
Some of the features and benefits to our students and parents/guardians of this new system are:
- Convenient: Students can view their bills, make payments and deposits, and view their payment history on line 24/7, 365 days a year.
- More Options: Payments can be made online by electronic check, debit or credit card.
- Quicker: Student refunds can be deposited directly into your authorized checking or savings account.
- Access: Students can authorize other users (such as parents/guardians) to view and/or make payments to their account.
- Secure: The TouchNet system is certified compliant with the credit card security regulations, which means greater security for students and other authorized users' financial data.
- Easy: Schedule future payments to be automatically withdrawn from your checking or savings account and avoid late fees.
- Green: Electronic billing reduces paper usage.
Some of the changes that will occur with the new system are:
- TouchNet, a third party payment service, will accept credit card payments on the university's behalf. As part of this new service, a 2.75% non-refundable service fee ($3 minimum) will be assessed by TouchNet for credit card payments.
- TouchNet accepts all major credit cards.
- Credit card payments will only be accepted on line. The bursar's office will continue to accept cash, check and debit card payments.
- The university will discontinue mailing paper bills and paper checks with the implementation of electronic bills (e-bills) and electronic refunds (e-refunds).
Please visit this page often for updates and information on establishing your TouchNet account.