Mary G. Walsh Writing Center
At the Mary G. Walsh Writing Center, we provide a broad range of writing-related services to the entire Salem State Community.
Our tutors are trained to give you individualized attention regarding any type of writing assignment. From first-year students to graduate students to faculty, and from composition papers to theses to PowerPoints, we can help make your writing shine!
Tutorials are free, and it’s easy to make an appointment. Just give us a call at 978.542.6491.
"The Center can help all students, even the best of writers." -Senior, criminal justice
Typical tutoring sessions may help you with one or more of the following:
- Getting started on your writing assignments
- Overcoming writer's block
- Identifying and addressing the needs of your audience
- Developing ideas
- Organizing ideas
- Documenting sources and avoiding plagiarism
- Revising your writing more effectively
- Solving grammatical problems