Phi Alpha Honor Society for Social Work
In 2013, Salem State’s School of Social Work affiliated with the Phi Alpha Honor Society, Tau Phi Chapter of the National Social Work Honor Society. Eligible members include both undergraduate and graduate students who demonstrate that they meet the professional standards outlined in the Professional Standards for the School of Social Work.
Phi Alpha is designed to encourage and recognize scholarship and academic excellence. Your benefit is the documented recognition of your achievement, which is an invaluable asset to your resume and career development.
BSW Student Requirements
- Attained senior-level status in the fall semester with eligibility to graduate in May or August of current academic year
- Overall GPA of 3.25 (transfer credits are not applicable)
- GPA of 3.7 or better in social work major
MSW Student Requirements
- Completed all but eight credits toward degree if in general study plan (transfer credits are not applicable); completed all but three credits toward degree if in advanced standing study plan (transfer credits are not applicable)
- Prepared for program completion in May or August of current academic year
- 3.85 GPA minimum