Department of Criminal Justice Strategic Goals
- To engage students in the educational process and to foster their development as competent and ethical academicians and professionals.
- To use selective teaching styles and innovative techniques to impart a comprehensive body of knowledge, analyze issues, develop verbal and writing skills and enhance critical thinking.
- To advance criminal justice as a unique social science discipline through curriculum development, appropriate classroom objectives, content and learning experiences.
- To establish a comprehensive professional development program to enhance faculty scholarship, teaching and technological abilities.
- To further develop a broad variety of professional relationships for the advancement of the discipline.
- To develop a Masters Program that is interdisciplinary and integrative in nature, drawing on different disciplines and paradigms for theoretical and methodological approaches.