Vanessa J Ruget
|Cat. #||Term||Course #||Title|
|1214||01||POL271||Introduction to Comparative Politics|
|1226||01||POL371||Women in Politics|
|1227||01||POL374||Politics of India & South Asia|
Ph.D. in political science, University of Bordeaux, France, 2000
Lecturer, OSCE Academy in Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek, Jan - May 07
Visiting Assistant Professor of Political Science, Wheaton College, Fall 06
Summer School Instructor, Mitrovica, Kosovo, July 06
Lecturer, Bentley College (MA), Sept. 2005-May 2006
Lecturer, American University - Central Asia, Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan), Sept 02 - June 04
Post-doctoral research fellow, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Aug 01 - Aug 02
Lecturer, University of Bordeaux (France), Master's program in political science, Sept 99 - June 01
Citizenship, democratization & post-communism (especially in Central Asia), international migration, epistemology
-(with Burul Usmanalieva). "Social and Political Transnationalism among Central Asian Migrants and Return Migrants: a Case Study of Kyrgyzstan." Problems of Post-Communism, 58 (6), Nov.-Dec. 2011.
-(with Burul Usmanalieva). How much is Citizenship Worth? A case study of Kyrgyzstani migrants. Citizenship Studies, Volume 14 Issue 4, August 2010, pp. 445-459.
- La science politique aux États-Unis et en Europe, in A. Cohen, B. Lacroix and P. Riutort (ed.), Nouveau Manuel de Science Politique, La Decouverte, Paris, 2010.
-(with Alan Haye). La Science Politique Américaine (American Political Science). Les Cahiers Français , La Documentation française, n.35, May-June, 2009.
- (In collaboration with Burul Usmanalieva): Citizenship, migration and loyalty towards the state: a case study of the Kyrgyzstani migrants in Russia and Kazakhstan, Central Asian Survey, Volume 27, Issue 2, 2008, pp. 129-141.
- (In collaboration with Burul Usmanalieva): "The Impact of State Weakness on Citizenship: A Case Study of Kyrgyzstan" Communist and Post Communist Studies, Volume 40, Issue 4, December 2007, pp. 441-458.
- "The Challenges of Teaching Political Science in Non-Democratic Regimes," UCFV Research Review, Volume 2, Issue 1, 2008.
- "Social Rights and Citizenship in Kyrgyzstan: A Communitarian Perspective," in Theorizing Social Change in Post-Socialist Societies: some critical perspectives, Peter Lang, Bern, 2007.
- "Civic Education in France and in the United States, Comparative Perspectives," Social Science Journal, vol. 43, 2006, pp. 19-34.
- "La Politique Comparée aux Etats-Unis: fin des Area Studies?," (Comparative politics in the United States: the end of area studies?), in Penser la Politique Comparée. Un Etat des Savoirs Théoriques et Méthodologiques, Karthala, Paris, 2005.
- "Pour une Approche Critique du Champ Universitaire aux Etats-Unis," (For a critical study of the academic field in the United States), Egalité, vol. 50, Fall 2004.
- "Scientific Capital and American Political Science," New Political Science, vol. 24, n. 3, September 2002.
- "La neutralité désengagée de la science politique américaine?" (The disengaged neutrality of American Political Science), Questions de Communication, n. 3, March 2002.
- "S. N. Eisenstadt et la Sociologie Historique," (S. N. Eisenstadt and historical sociology), "Introduction, " in Eisenstadt, S. N., Le Retour des Juifs dans L'Histoire, Bruxelles, Editions Complexes, March 2002.
- "L'Engagement Politique des Politistes Américains," (The politics of American political scientists), Regards Sociologiques, second semester 2001.