Our mission is to empower students from diverse backgrounds to become business and community leaders and to provide a foundation for life-long learning and a spirit of community engagement. We deliver high quality, affordable undergraduate and graduate business education through small classes, state-of-the-art technology, committed faculty, and outreach to the business community.
To be a pre-eminent business school focused on teaching excellence, applied research and student development
- Foundation for life-long learning:
Our students develop communication, technology and critical thinking skills, a respect for diverse perspectives and experiences, and an understanding of global and ethical issues.
- Community engagement:
Our teaching philosophy fosters an outreach to the community, including small and medium sized organizations, supporting business development. We use the talents and resources of the Bertolon School of Business to enrich the community
- Committed faculty:
Our faculty’s first priority is to our students, providing them with career-oriented education and professional advice. To support that goal, faculty members pursue applied research, and/or practice in their professional discipline.
LEARNING OUTCOMES BY DEGREE PROGRAM
- Ethical responsibilities: Our graduates will be able to recognize ethical issues and dilemmas and be able to make ethically based decisions and recommendations.
- Globalization and multicultural understanding: Our graduates will have a working knowledge of the global economy and business cultures.
- Communication and Professional skills: Our graduates will be effective communicators and leaders and will have professional interpersonal skills.
- Analytical thinking and reasoning skills: Our graduates will be able to use analytical thinking and reasoning skills to solve problems and make decisions and recommendations.
- Content knowledge: Our graduates will learn the business core and respective concentration content knowledge and will be able to apply that knowledge in their respective concentrations.
- Effective Decision Making: Our graduates will be able to recognize and analyze alternatives, apply ethical frameworks, and arrive at actionable solutions.
- Leadership: Our graduates will be able to motivate a group of people to act towards achieving a common goal.
- Business Content: Our graduates will be able to integrate the functional content knowledge of business disciplines.
- Global Environment: Our graduates will be able to evaluate and adapt businesses to the global environment.