Mission StatementThe mission of Bertolon School of Business is to educate and empower our students to engage responsibly in the global economy and to promote regional development as local leaders and entrepreneurs. We are committed to providing a transformative education in an inviting, collaborative, and interactive environment to help enhance the personal, academic and professional success of all our stakeholders.
To be a business school recognized for creating
Student Success: We believe that student success takes many forms, but that its foundation is rooted in a culture of strong relationships.
Respect: We believe that the cornerstone of those relationships rests on a culture of respect for one another.
Growth: We believe that education provides multiple opportunities for continuously assessing and improving our practices as individuals and an organization.
Teaching Excellence: We believe that we are first and foremost a teaching institution.
BSB Learning Goals and Objectives for Undergraduate Students
- Ethical Responsibilities: Graduates will be will be able to recognize ethical issues and dilemmas and be able to make ethically based decisions and recommendations.
- Globalization and multicultural understanding: Our graduates will have a working knowledge of the global economy and business cultures.
- Communication and professional skills: Our graduates will be effective communicators and will have professional interpersonal skills.
- Analytical thinking and reasoning skills: Our graduates will be able to use analytical thinking and reasoning skills to solve problems and make decisions and recommendations.
- Content knowledge: Our graduates will learn the business core and respective concentration content knowledge and will be able to apply that knowledge in their respective concentrations.
BSB Learning Goals and Objectives for Graduate Students
- Effective Decision-Making: Graduates will be able to recognize, analyze, and evaluate business problems and generate integrated recommendations and action plans.
- Global and Multicultural Perspective: Graduates will be able to identify, analyze, and evaluate, diversity and other business issues from a global perspective and make recommendations for change.
- Communication: Graduates will be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Leadership: Graduates will be able to influence individuals and teams to achieve common goals.