Fast Track Science
Our program is designed for middle school and high school science teachers who need initial licensure as teachers of biology or chemistry. If you are a teacher with an undergraduate science degree, but lack background in pedagogy and a Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education initial teaching license, this program could benefit you.
- Streamlined coursework focuses on general and content-specific instructional strategies, student diversity, and learning differences
- Weekly seminar addresses questions and challenges facing new teachers.
- A full-time practicum can be completed using current teaching positions
- Most courses may be used towards a master's degree
- Can be completed in a year and a summer, and in as little as 15 credits, depending on your content background
Visit our Office of Licensure and Field Placement for licensure and fieldwork questions.
Be a part of a program that is rigorous and exceeds professional standards. We have earned accreditation at national and state levels.
You will have educational and professional development resources at your fingertips to help you achieve your own career goals. Participate in special projects and take advantage of resources such as the Center for Education and Community, which hosts conferences and professional development opportunities for teachers and graduate students.