Post Baccalaureate Licensure Only (TLP-Teacher Licensure Program)
- Applications for Spring 2014 TLP will be accepted after September 1, 2013. Our post-baccalaureate licensure only program is designed for graduates who have earned a bachelor's degree and wish to pursue careers as educators. These licensure programs require a completed bachelor's degree with an appropriate arts and sciences major. They include most of the subject matter and all of the education courses required in the regular undergraduate programs, including a student teaching practicum.
Prerequisites for Early Childhood or Elementary Programs*
- BA/BS in an Arts and Sciences major
- 24 credits Arts and Sciences coursework above intro level (should be covered by an A&S degree)
Prerequisites for Secondary School Program*
- BA/BS in major of subject matter to be taught
* All students seeking licensure must satisfy all standards required under Admission to Licensure Programs.
If you do not have a bachelor's degree in the subject matter consult with Academic Advising or the Education Department Office of Licensure and Field Placement before applying to the program.
Teacher Licensure Program Application TLP Application
Teacher Licensure Program Flow Sheets
- Early Childhood PreK-2
- Elementary 1-6
- Chemistry 8-12
- English 8-12
- Health and Consumer Sciences (all levels)
- History 8-12
- Mathematics 8-12
- Physical Education PreK-8
- Physical Education 5-12
- Visual Art PreK-8
- Visual Art 5-12
If you are interested in the TLP program and want to learn more about it. You are encouraged to attend one of the information sessions held every semester. Spring 2014 Information sessions will be scheduled soon. Please check this web page for further information about upcoming sessions.