Center for Education & Community
The Center for Education and Community (CEC) provides professional development, supports professional learning communities and responds to the learning needs of schools, school districts and education-related organizations in the region surrounding Salem State. Its services include site- and campus-based courses, workshops, consultations, and study groups; research assistance, program development and grant-writing assistance; and roundtables and conferences.
Selected examples of CEC activities:
- Annual fall "Best Practices in Education" conference for area educators, co-sponsored with Salem State's Friends of Education and the School of Graduate Studies
- Grant development and implementation in collaboration with schools, school districts and community organizations
- Assistance with program development and delivery for professionals, children and families
- District-sited professional development courses and workshops in a wide range of educational fields, including subject matter content, classroom management, universal design, adapting and modifying curricula, talent development and educating advanced learners, family literacy, hands-on mathematics, and economic education
- Assistance with the development of professional learning communities
- University-district partnerships for degree- and certificate programs in high-need educational licensure areas
For more information about the School of Education's Center for Education and Community, please contact staff coordinator Wendy Pearson at 978.542.7448 or email@example.com.