Master in Arts in Teaching (MAT) in Spanish - Apply
- Admissions application - online application
- A $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Complete, official transcript documenting the award of a bachelor's degree and any graduate courses taken or degrees held.
- Three references. Your references will be asked to submit their comments online via the online application.
- Students for whom English is not a first language must submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores.
- Statement of purpose (500- to 1,000-words, double-spaced) WRITTEN IN SPANISH addressing the following questions:
-What factors in your personal and professional history have influenced you in the past and now lead you to seek admission to this program at Salem State?
-What are your long-term professional goals, and how will this program help you meet them?
-Is there any other information that you think would help the admissions committee to evaluate your application?
- Please note the GRE/MAT is not required for this program.
Additional Materials and Requirements for those Seeking Initial Licensure
- A passing score on the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL), both the communication and literacy portion and the Spanish subject area portion, in addition to other requirements.
Additional Materials and Requirements for those Seeking Professional Licensure
- Initial Licensure in Spanish (P-6) or Initial Licensure in Spanish (5-12)
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed once complete.