Master of Arts (MA) / Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) English
The Master of Arts/Master of Arts in Teaching (MA/MAT) English dual degree is a balanced program of reflection and research in principles and practices for instruction of English language and literature, with particular emphasis upon contemporary methodology. The program builds competence in English and prepares you for advanced studies in literature at the doctoral level.
Successful completion of the program leads to fulfillment of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts academic requirements for initial or professional licensure to teach English at the secondary level.
- Visit our Office of Licensure and Field Placement for licensure and fieldwork questions
- To apply to this program, please visit our graduate admissions section here.
- Course in adolescent psychology (undergraduate or graduate)
- Course in foundations of secondary education (EDU 252A or EDU 808)
- View MA/MAT in English program requirements on the flowsheet