Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) in Art
Our program focuses on the academic and studio needs of teachers and visual artists who want to become initially and professionally licensed to teach in Massachusetts. The program provides the skills and competencies needed by visual arts teachers and includes a strong studio component in addition to curriculum development and teaching methods.
- Visit our Office of Licensure and Field Placement for licensure and fieldwork questions.
- Admissions application - online application
- View PK-8 Initial Licensure program requirements on the flowsheet.
- View 5-12 Initial Licensure program requirements on the flowsheet.
- View Professional Licensure program requirements on the flowsheet.