2016 Mass Econ Challenge
The Massachusetts Council on Economic Education is again sponsoring the Spring 2016 Massachusetts EconChallenge.
Dr. Dorothy R. Siden, Director of the Salem State Center for Economic Education, will serve as Massachusetts State Coordinator for the EconChallenge.
Registration for the Massachusetts EconChallenge will start on Monday, January 26, 2016 and the online competition will be open from March 28, 2016 thru April 8, 2016.
This competition is online. Any Massachusetts teacher can sign up and register his/her high school or middle school students. Once you have registered as a teacher, you can begin to create student teams of three to four students in the appropriate divisions. These challenges are held at the state, national semi-final, and national final levels for high school students and at the state level for middle school students. See hyperlinks for more information on each of the challenges.
Important Dates for the Spring 2016 Massachusetts Econ Challenge
- Monday, January 26, 2016 to Sunday, March 27, 2016 - Registration is open for the Massachusetts Econ Challenge. To register go to econchallenge and choose Massachusetts and then choose Teacher Registration.
- Monday, March 28, 2016 thru Friday, April 8, 2016 - The Massachusetts Economics Challenge is Online. The student competition is taken online at your school. See Rules.
- Monday, April 11, 2016 – State champions announced for both high school and middle school divisions.
- Tuesday, April 26, 2016 – State Semi-Finals – The state champion teams for the Ricardo and the Adam Smith divisions compete with other states to advance to the National Final. If you are one of the Massachusetts semi-finalist teams, the paper and pencil competition will be conducted at your school. – (Test date for schools on spring break) (April 21, 2016)*
- Friday, May 20th to Monday, May 23, 2016 – National Finals New York City
Dr. Dorothy R. Siden
Massachusetts State Coordinator
Co-Director: Center for Economic Education
352 Lafayette St., Salem State University, Salem, MA 01970
Dr. Ken Ardon