2015 Mass Econ Challenge
The Center for Economic Education at Salem State University will host the Spring 2015 Mass Econ Challenge and the Spring 2015 Mass Finance Challenge. These online challenges are sponsored by the Mass Council on Economic Education and are free. Any Massachusetts teacher can register and sign up his/her high school or middle school teams now!
The Mass Econ Challenge will be available for students to take from March 2, 2015 to March 13, 2015.
The Mass Finance Challenge will be available live for students to take from March 30, 2015 to April 10, 2015.
Once you have registered as a teacher, you can begin to create student teams of three to four students in the appropriate division. The challenges are held at the state, national semi-final, and national final levels for high school students and at the state level for middle school students. See hyperlinks for more information on each of the challenges.
Important Dates for the Spring 2015 Massachusetts Econ Challenge
- January 10, 2015 to March 1, 2015 - Registration is open for the challenge. To register go to EconChallenge and choose Massachusetts. Then choose Teacher Registration. Information on the website describes the high school divisions (Adam Smith or David Ricardo Division). Middle schools compete in their own division and only at the state level.
- March 2, 2015 to March 13, 2015 - Massachusetts Economics Challenge is online. The student competition is taken online at your school. See the Rules and How it Works on the various left hand tabs of the EconChallenge website. Additional information is on www.councilforeconed.org/econchallenge.
- April 7, 2015 – State Champions Announced for both high school and middle school divisions. Certificates are given to all participants and teachers.
- April 14, 2015 - State Semi-Finals – The state champion teams for the Ricardo and the Adam Smith divisions compete with other states to advance to the National Final. If you are one of the Massachusetts semi-finalist teams, the paper & pencil competition will be conducted at your school. – (April 10, 2015)* (Test date for schools on spring break).
- May 16-18, 2015 – National Finals-New York City expenses paid.
Please join us for this exciting and free economics competition. Good luck to everyone!
Dr. Dorothy R. Siden
Massachusetts State Coordinator
Co-Director: Center for Economic Education
352 Lafayette St., Salem State University, Salem, MA 01970
George "Scott" Guild
President Massachusetts Council on Economic Education
600 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA 02110