2011 Massachusetts Economics Challenge
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
An invitation to all Massachusetts high school teachers
It's happening now, and it's not too late to join the fun!
Sign up for the 2011 Massachusetts Economics Challenge today.
See summary rules about the National Economics Challenge here
Any Massachusetts high school student is eligible to compete as long as he/she was enrolled in an economics class at some time during the 2010-2011 academic year. Ideally, each team will consist of four students, but three student teams are acceptable too. Schools may send multiple teams to compete in the Massachusetts Economics Challenge.
Teachers, please follow these easy steps:
- REGISTER: Send an email to Albert Barnor email@example.com with copy to Ann Reichert at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating your name, school and address, and the number of students and teams you wish to bring to the Economics Challenge.
- PREPARE YOUR STUDENTS: Check out these exams on the Council for Economic Education website.
- ACCOMPANY YOUR TEAMS TO THE STATE CHALLENGE: The Massachusetts Economics Challenge will take place on Monday, April 4, 2011 at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. First and second place state champions will be awarded trophies and all participants receive certificates.
- IF YOUR TEAM WINS: The first place Massachusetts state team will advance to the National Semifinals to be proctored at the winning team’s school location on April 25, 2011. From there, the six winning teams in the National Semifinals advance to the National Finals in New York City. The Finals date is tentatively scheduled for May 21-22, 2011.
- UPDATES: Check the Massachusetss Council on Economic Education (MCEE) website for updates and further information as it becomes available.
You can also view these YouTube videos of previous year’s National Finals at these links, which are also available on the MCEE website:
Please join us for this exciting and free economics competition. Good luck to everyone!
The Massachusetts Stock Market Game starts today. It's free!