Tracy L Ware
|Cat. #||Term||Course #||Title|
EDUCATION & TRAINING
B.A. (1992) Chemistry, San Jose State University
M.S. (1995) Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, UCSF
Ph.D. (1999) Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, University of California San Francisco.
Ph.D. Dissertation: The Role of Template and Non-Template Bases in the Telomerase RNA of Tetrahymena thermophila
Member (2008), Life Sciences Talent Initiative, Academic Task Force, commissioned by Governor Patrick for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Visiting Scientist (summer 2006 & 2007), Laboratory of Clotilde Carlow, New England Biolabs, Parasitology Division, Ipswich, MA.
Visiting Scientist (summer 2005), Laboratory of Gary Ruvkun, Harvard Medical School (MGH)
Postdoctoral Research & Teaching Fellow (1999-2002), University of Sheffield, UK, Dept MBB
Volunteer Scientist Partner (1994-96), San Francisco Science Education Partnership (SEP).
President (1993-95), Graduate Students Association, UCSF
- Establishing Industry-Academic Partnerships for Biotech/Pharma Co-op Internships
(Interested MA businesses are encouraged to contact me by email)
- Massachusetts Biotechnology Council (Find internships, jobs, life science partners, and programs.)
- MA Life Sciences Internship Program: Funding 300 students and small companies annually.
- Caenorhabditis elegans (nematode)
- Engender Health (International), http://www.3for1.org/
Member, SSU Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) Concentration Committee
Member, SSU Student Life Committee
Member, SSU NEASC Standard One Committee
1. Abbas L, Hajihashemi S, Stead LF, Cooper GJ, Ware TL, Munsey TS, Whitfield TT,White SJ. Functionaland developmental expression of a zebrafish Kir1.1 (ROMK) potassium channel homologue Kcnj1. J Physiol, 589:1489-503 (2011).
2. Ware TL, Wang H, Blackburn EH. Three telomerases with completely non-telomeric template replacements are catalytically active. EMBO J, 19: 3119-3131 (2000).
3. Blackburn E., Gilley D, Ware T, Bhattacharyya A, Kirk K, and Wang H. Studying the Telomerase RNA in Tetrahymena. In "Methods in Cell Biology: Tetrahymena thermophila". Editors, D. Asai and J. Forney. Academic Press, Vol. 62: 417-432 (1999).
4. Blackburn E, Bhattacharyya A, Gilley D, Kirk K, Krauskopf A, McEachern M, Prescott J, Ware T. Telomeres and Telomerase: how do they interact? In "Telomeres: Ciba Foundation Symposium". John Wiley and Sons Ltd, West Sussex, Vol 211: 2-19 (1997).
Volunteer Vacations, 6/23/11, in the Summer Salon Series at The Salem Athenaeum, Salem, MA.
Sustainability in Coastal Madagascar - the Synergistic Effect of Family Planning and Coral Reef Research, 4/4/2011 at Salem State University.
Stem Cells: A Mini-Course, Jan-Feb, 2010, The Explorers Institute for Lifelong Learning, Salem, MA.
Life after MIT: Academic Teaching Careers, January 2005, 2006, and 2007, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
International Volunteer Work & Field Research
Local & Sustainable Agriculture www.nofa.org
Yoga, Cycling, French Wine, Travel