Applying to Our English Program
Note: If you are an international student applicant, you must provide the following:
- A completed English program application
- Certification of finances*
- Academic transcripts (translated into English and notarized)
- Copy of passport ID
You can upload all relevant documents to the online application. You also can send all documents to email@example.com.
*Financial Documents: In order to obtain the I-20 form from Salem State University, international student applicants must prove they have enough money to cover their tuition, housing and other related expenses while studying in the United States. Once students obtain the I-20 form, they can apply for an F-1 student visa from their local U.S. embassy/consulate.
Examples of acceptable financial documents are:
- bank statements (checking and/or saving counts)
- tax returns
If your financial documents are not in your own name, you will need to provide a letter from either your family or your sponsor*. The letter must show that either your family or your sponsor will be responsible for your expenses in the United States.
Application timeline: In order to give both you and us enough time to process your application and get your visa, we should receive your complete application approximately eight (8) weeks before the program begins.
If accepted, you will receive your I-20 form from Salem State University. At this point, you will need to apply for the F-1 student visa.
Please take these following documents and forms to your visa interview:
- Form I-20
- SEVIS fee receipt: Form I-901 can be filled out and paid online at fmjfee.com. Print the receipt and bring it with you to the U.S. Embassy
- Pay all other required fees
- Letter of acceptance from Salem State University
- Required financial documents
- Letter from family and/or sponsor if applicable
- Documents that demonstrate your intent to return home