Applying to Our English Program
Applications should be completed eight (8) weeks before the program begins.
You must provide the following documents with your online application:
- Certification of finances
- Academic transcripts (translated into English and notarized)
- Copy of passport ID
Certification of Finances
International applicants must prove they have enough money to cover their tuition, housing and other related expenses while studying in the United States. If your financial documents are not in your own name, you will need to provide a letter showing that either your family or your sponsor will be responsible for your expenses in the United States.
Examples of acceptable financial documents are:
- bank statements (checking and/or saving counts)
- tax returns
I-20 and F-1 Student Visa
If accepted, you will receive your I-20 form from Salem State University. You will then need to apply for the F-1 student visa from your local U.S. embassy/consulate.
Documents to take to F-1 Student Visa Interview:
- Form I-20
- Printed copy of SEVIS fee receipt: Form I-901 can be filled out and paid online: fmjfee.com.
- Pay all other required fees
- Letter of acceptance from Salem State University
- Required financial documents
- Letter from family and/or sponsor
- Documents that demonstrate your intent to return home